Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Owl of us

This is the other multi-flap card with pocket I made. I used this tutorial if you'd like to give it a try.  I made this one first and it was a little big, which is why I altered the sizing on my other multi-flap card.
I decided to use my cute owl punch again with some retired dsp and ribbon that I had.  It is a guys card, so I just knotted the ribbon rather than tying a pretty bow this time.
IMG_1973 
When you untie it, this is what you see.  3 owls looking down and 3 owls looking up.
IMG_1924
Then when you lift the flap upwards this is how it looks.
IMG_1976
I decided to just use a fun font in Word to write the greeting.
I used a great technique for adhering the pupils. By applying some tombow mono multi onto the end of a stylus or push pin and letting it dry it becomes “tacky” and you can easily pick small pieces up with it.  You just put the glue where you want the pupils to be on the owl, pick up the pupil with your stylus and place on glue. It works brilliantly!

Ingredients :
Stamps : None (what?)
Card : sahara sand, windsor knot dsp, crumbcake, white, black
Ink : crumbcake (I sponged every piece of owl and it looked much better that way)
Other : owl punch, celery ribbon, Word font “chiller”

There are 6 in our family so it’s a perfect card from owl of us.
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite of your Fancy Fold cards...I loved the way you did the eyes on these owls, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!