Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Peaceful Star

This is another card made for the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew challenge.
 CCREW0711DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- DSP/Color Focus: Show us what you can do with the In Colors! You can use other colors, but In Colors should be the main focus of your project.

I decided to use Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade and see if I could come up with an interesting Christmas card.
IMG_1909

This is called a  Star Card.  Delys made a lovely one for the JAI Fancy Folds blog hop and she has instructions on her blog if you’d like to try to make one.

I also used the cropadile to punch a little hole in the top and I used a button and linen thread to make a little loop so that the star could be hung somewhere.

Ingredients:
Stamps : Occasional greetings
Card : sahara sand, white, pear pizzazz, poppy parade, in colour dsp stack
Ink : stazon, cherry cobbler, old olive
Other : gold brads, 5 petal punch, nesties, button, linen thread

This is how the card looks when you open it up.
IMG_2036

I just left the centre triangle plain to write a message.  I thought I might give it to one of the girls teachers for Christmas. My youngest has a male teacher this year and I think the fold would appeal to him although perhaps the poinsettia on it is a bit too “girly”?

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous Kathy and love the idea of it being able to be hung on the Christmas tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy this is an absolutely gorgeous Christmas card. It looks super special. How clever are you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!