Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Ribbon stash

 

This week at Just Add Ink the challenge is to make a card with something you’ve had in your stash for ages and haven’t used.

In my stash was a beautiful roll of marina mist satin ribbon that hadn’t been touched and so I decided to make another one of those ribbon flowers with it.

IMG_2240

 

I thought I would take the opportunity to use some retiring things too. Sadly this ribbon is retiring as are the two stamp sets I’ve used on the card.  I used white craft ink to stamp the flourish from friends 24-7 and the words are from a hostess set called Apple Blossoms.  Sad to see them go :(  But I will have lots of lovely new sets to play with very soon :)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : friends 24-7, apple blossoms, very vintage wheel

Card : espresso, marina mist, white, crumb cake

Ink : white, crumb cake, espresso, marina

Other : marina mist satin ribbon, sticky strip, circle punch, espresso thin taffeta ribbon, crochet trim, big shot, square scallop, neutral brad, vintage brad, white pen

 

I love how the ribbon flower turned out in marina mist, I will have to make some more of them.

I’m sure we’re all guilty of buying “stuff” for our craft and then not using it.  Please have a look at what the rest of the design team at JAI have been hoarding. Then, as shocking as this sounds, I challenge you to actually take something from your stash and MAKE something with it.

 

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. That ribbon is gorgeous made into a flower! I love Marina Mist, but always seem to forget to use it. Now you've inspired me to use my white craft ink on Crumb Cake. That looks amazing!

    (And just a dumb question, but do you use the wheel guide for your wheels? I never did get a good look with mine but I love the way you use them and want to try again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful card, Kathy. The flower is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, the flower is gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial link. One day I will get around to making one myself. Such a gorgous colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning flower Kathy, its just perfect too for the lovely muted vintage background you created for it.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love Friends 24-7!
    And I LOVE that flower Kathy - thanks also for the link.
    It's a really stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again another of those beautiful satin flowers, a great way to use some of the ribbon in your stash that is untouched! Your card is absolutely gorgeous too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super Kathy. Love love love that ribbon flower and one of these days I really want to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft vintage look you do so well Kathy, a perfect collection of colours embellishments and stamps and another stunner of a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one stunning card Kathy! I have printed out the instructions for this gorgeous ribbon flower and can't wait to try it. I love it in the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this is Gorgeous: that ribbon flower, the colors and those yummy layers of ribbon. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!