Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Razzleberry Foliage

Wow! Two posts in one day, I must be on holidays and have new stamps to play with :)

There is a great colour challenge at The Paper Players this week.  The colours were perfect because the hostess for my next club asked me if we could do something with Razzleberry.


I decided to combine it with the wonderful new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


My hostess had also asked if I could show everyone the emboss resist technique and so this card was born.

IMG_2438

Ingredients :
Stamps : en francais, french foliage, tiny tags
Card : white, olive, razzleberry
Ink : basic grey, versamark, razzleberry
Other : linen thread, jewellery tag punch, white embossing powder, olive ribbon (ret.)

None of these stamps are actually new in the catalogue but they’re all new to me.  They’re all birthday presents I received yesterday from my family and I’ve had so much fun playing with my new toys today :)
I think my club are really going to enjoy making this card.

13 comments:

  1. How stunning Kathy! Sure hope you had a great birthday!!! Love this emboss resist with the leaves and the sponging...Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - just beautiful! Love the embossing and the razzleberry background! Just came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Kathy! A perfect card! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches and The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lucky you!! I would LOVE to get stamping presents ;) Your card is just gorgeous. I adore the coloring of your background and that white that frames it. I may just be casing this. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Kathy. Perfect colour combo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty Kathy! Love the emboss resist technique with these stamps. Happy Birthday to you! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Love the new to you stamps, I just got that stamp set today and cannot wait to have fun. Great job on the emboss resist, it looks great. Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have thought to pair French Foliage with Rich Razzleberry, but it works and is gorgeous! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do I start? Your background is fabulous and the leaves from my favorite stamp set look fabulous with the emoss resist. This is definitely going into my faves! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... I love this card Kathy ... love the emboss resist and your colours are just fabulous ...your club will love this technique it is so impressive!
    Into my CASE file for this little beauty!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning! I love that background you created using the emboss resist technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors used. Beautiful card, I'm sure your club will love it.
    TFS
    ~Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Very dramatic presentation. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!