Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Tidings of joy

At Just Add Ink this week we have a wonderful sketch challenge from Bronwyn to inspire us.

JAI 90 - Sketch (BB)


I decided to make a Christmas card using my new Tidings of Joy set.
I did change the sketch a little to make it work.

IMG_2654


I bought this nativity set because I didn’t have anything else like it (plus it’s cute) and I thought my girls and I would find it fun to colour some Christmas cards together.
I stamped the image using stazon onto shimmery white card and used my crayons and aquapainter to colour.
It was relaxing and fun!


Ingredients:
Stamps : Tidings of Joy, woodgrain
Card : vanilla, baja, crumb cake, shimmery white, daffodil delight
Ink : stazon, suede, white
Other : baja seam binding, crayons, aquapainter, nesties

Please have a look at what the rest of the design team came up with this week and give this sketch a try yourself.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Ooooo I love that you coloured the cute image with crayons and aquapainter - I have never tried that! It's a stunning card and really makes me want to buy Tidings of Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colouring, love the soft tones. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Kathy. I love how you've interpreted the sketch, and the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another little beauty - gorgeous colouring and attention to detail with that nicely tied and trimmed bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Kathy but if I had to colour my Christmas cards they would be even later than they currently are (ie. none were sent out last year, lol)

    You have done a wonderful job with the sketch and the water colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring Kathy, very soft and a lovely use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image...lovely coloring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this Kathy! The beautiful colours, the scalloped frame and the woodgrain. Very sweet and Christmassy indeed.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!