Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Copic Cats

 

Guess what I got for Christmas?

Yes, some Copics!

We have just spent a week away at Dolphin Sands. It’s so beautiful there, but the weather in Tassie is always unpredictable so whenever we go on holidays I take some stamps for the girls and I to colour in.

This year I took some very, very, very old stamps that I haven’t used for years and my new copics.  This is my first ever copic attempt.  Well actually I should clarify that by saying that there were lots and lots of attempts, but this is my first card using them.

When we got back home I saw that my friend Rita had come up with a great sketch for Freshly Made Sketches this week and I knew I just had to use it for my cat card.

 

I have only just managed to get this card made and in before the deadline.

There is always so much washing and cleaning to do when you get back from holidays isn’t there :(

 

IMG_3359

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Penny Black bibliophile, teeny tiny sentiments

Card : black, x-press it blending card, neutrals dsp stack

Ink : memento black, stazon, copics

Other : decorative label punch

 

Make sure you check out all the great cards using this sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.

 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Kathy, I think your coloring looks amazing! The shading on the chair is just awesome as are the cats and the cup. Thanks for coming over to play with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, this image is super fun and your colouring is fantastic. Love the teeny tiny sentiments for the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kathy, I've been waiting for some time to comment on this card! This is an amazing 'first' for colouring with Copics. I'm still trying to get the hang of them. Maybe Tania will give me some lessons! I took some colouring in (pencils) with me on holidays too but haven't done anything with them yet. Well done on getting all that shading done so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... I love this Kathy ... great colouring too!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time? Fabulous! Looks great against the neutral background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the coloring! And a super sweet image too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great job, and can't believe it's your first card with copics!!! Your coloring is beautiful and you did wonderful with your shading of the colors as well. Hope you stay with it, you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, it's so adorable! You are off to a great start with your new Copics and your shading is looking great. I've had mine a while now and I still don't have them figured out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!