Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Four 4 You

 

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge for you.

JAI_CC_#108

 

I had a little boy’s birthday card to make, so I used our challenge colours to make it. Actually it’s twin boys who are having a birthday, I’m trying to decide whether to buy them a joint present and then I will just give them this card or whether to buy them a present each and then I will need to come up with another dinosaur card.  Still pondering that one, but anyway here it is ….

 

IMG_3683

 

I have only just bought this set and I enjoyed playing around with these dinosaurs and seeing what I could create with them.  They’re cute!

The T.Rex has a letter balanced on his tail, the Diplodocus? (not quite sure what this one is meant to be?) has his head through the “O”, the Pterodactyl is flying off holding the “U” between his feet and the Triceratops is taking a bite out of the “R”.

The birthday boys love dinosaurs and I hope they love this card too!

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Dinoroar, tiny tags

Card : espresso, island indigo, pool party, whisper white, x-press it card

Ink : memento black, pool party, espresso, island indigo markers

Other : copics, mat pack, piercer, tag punch, big shot, timeless type alpha, white pen, stripes ef, linen thread

 

Please take a look at the great cards the rest of the JAI team have come up with this week and play along with us using this fun colour combo.

 

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. WOW is all I can say, you inspire me so much! I love how you have made these dinosaurs interactive with the letters. An AWESOME card. This would be great in another colour way if you needed to make two. Have a great weekend Kathy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've got the letters connected to each of the dinos. Very clever Kathy - and they look fabulous!

    Why don't you make the same card again for the second birthday boy and just use different colours? You can get away with the same (but different) because they're twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Kathy! I love it! I also like Patrice's suggestion of same card, different colours for the second boy. They'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a FABULOUS card for a little boy, and I definitely think the birthday boys would want one each! It sure looks like you had a lot of fun making this, Kathy; it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card Kathy. Love everything about it. I agree with Patrice, make another in a different colour combo for the other twin. There'll be fights otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely wonderful Kathy - so so fun - just makes me smile. I love how you worked out how to get the dinosaurs to interact with the letters. You will definitely have to make another for the other twin!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy!! I really LOVE this card! When I saw it over at JAI, I thought "how clever!" Love the way you've incorporated the dinos into the word, just fabulous. :) Thanks so much for popping by my blog, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an awesome card and I love how you've coloured these dino's. Great boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove it Kathy! your placement and colouring are gorgeous, a very inspiring card clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, I love the dinosaur head peeking out through the letter, super cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!