Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Marina Flower


This week at JAI our challenge is to case Delys.
And this is the card I decided to case, isn’t it pretty!



My next club hostess asked if I would teach them how to make the ribbon flowers I do. So I thought I would case this card and use a ribbon flower rather than the punched flower as Delys has done.

IMG_4465

When I was reading Delys’ description of the card, she said her background panel was done using a technique called Crayon Resist Technique.  It didn’t look like what I think of as crayon resist. I thought of the Crayon Resist tutorial done by Danielle Daws for JAI here if you’d like to see it.  So I decided to google the term to see if I could figure out how Delys had created her background. 

I didn’t find it but I did find a technique called Crayon Rubbed Embossing that I had never seen before. I thought it looked very effective and so I decided to try it on my card instead but I have used the same embossing folder as Delys.  There is a Splitcoaststampers tutorial by Lydia Fiedler here if you’d like to try it too. It is a very different way of using your embossing folders.  I really like how it turned out and  now I will be able to teach my club ladies 2 beautiful new techniques this month :)

Ingredients :
Stamps : sincere salutations
Card : white, basic grey
Ink : stazon, marina mist
Other : marina mist satin ribbon, antique brad, white crayon, brayer, finial press ef, bird punch, scallop trim border punch

Please check out Delys’ blog and join us in casing one of her creations.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. You've done a fab job with that background and your satin ribbon flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy what a unique card created with inspiration from Delys' plus the desire to create something for your club ladies and I am sure they will enjoy learning these 'two' new techniques. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely, Kathy, and I am sure you will "wow" your club ladies!! As well as the fabulous techniques you've used, I really like your touch of using white for the leaves - simple, but classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful CASE. I love how you make the ribbon flowers. It's a pity that you are too far away to join in on your class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now I have two new techniques to try! Your ruffles in the ribbon flower really seem to echo the background resist pattern - looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh!...your ribbon flowers are just gorgeous Kathy and l will be giving the crayon technique a whirl too, thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, what a beautiful CASE and I particularly love your flower!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!